Dear Windebank Families,
Here are a few informational items and dates for upcoming events and activities at the school. Please be sure to check any attachments for additional info.Gr. 6 Photo.pdfDPAC Event.pdf
Have a wonderful Spring Break : )
- Communicating Student Learning- It was wonderful to see so many families at yesterday's parent-teacher interviews. Thank you for coming!
- Waste Disposal- We are having some challenges with our new waste disposal system in that food product is being placed in each of the different recyclable bins, contaminating the materials. When we return from Spring Break, all classes will follow the pack in, pack out model with lunch kits. Instruction will start with organics and will build from there as we become proficient in sorting.
- Intensive Core French (ICF)- Calling all Grade 5 parents! Our ICF Parent Info session is happening right after Spring Break. It'll be at 5:30 pm in the school library on Tuesday, April 2nd. Registration opens the following morning at 7:45am.
- Grade 6 Photo- Please see the attached information for ordering info for the Grade 6 photo
From the Office
- Report Cards and Envelopes- The report card and envelope contents are yours to keep. Please return the envelope with your child to the school at your earliest convenience as we will be reusing them for final term.
- Kindergarten registration- For staffing and class configuration reasons it is important that we have accurate numbers for our incoming Kindergartens. If you happen to know anyone with a Kindergarten aged child in our catchment that has not yet registered, please encourage them to do so as soon as possible.
From the PAC
- Hot Lunch- April's lunch will be available to order until April 2nd. To order: You can go to www.munchalunch.com/schools/Windebank and pay via credit card or order online and pay via cash or cheque at the office. Paper forms are available at the office and can pay via cash or cheque. May's Lunches will be available to order April 3rd to 30th.
- Purdy's Easter Chocolates- Ordering is open until April 2nd. Instructions are attached to the catalogues. **Don't forget to add taxes** https://fundraising.purdys.com/join.aspx/961004-63748
- Volunteers- Volunteers are needed April 12th and 26th at 11:15 am to assist with delivering lunch to classrooms. If you haven't already, please fill out volunteer forms at the office.
- PAC Meeting- Our next PAC Meeting is April 24th at 2:45 pm. The meeting is held in the school library.
- Spring Auction- Our next online auction is coming soon. If you have an item or service to donate please email- firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Ashley. Thank you to Pavla and Tracy for volunteering to help with collection/pick-ups. ***VOLUNTEERS*** are needed to pick up items. We have items in Langley, Surrey and Vancouver. If able to pick up please email: email@example.com. To support our auction please share our link: www.32auctions.com/WindebankSpringAuction and help us advertise it.
- Upcoming Fundraisers- Epicure (April 2nd) and Krispy Kreme donuts (will be availableto order on Munchalunch starting April 3rd)
Week at a Glance
- School Spirit Day: Wear house Team shirts/colours
- Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
- Mountain Bike Club- Ride day
- Intensive Core French (ICF) Parent Info Session- 5:30 pm in the Library
- ICF Registration opens at 7:45am
- Ready, Set, Learn- 5-6 pm
- Reading Link Challenge District event
The Weeks Ahead
12 Hot Lunch
15-19 Earth Week
19 Good Friday- School closed
22-26 Interim report week
22 Easter Monday- School closed
24 PAC Meeting- 2:45 in the Library
26 Spirit Day: Superhero Day
26 Hot Lunch
3 Kindergarten Farm Fieldtrip
6 Student of the Month Assembly
9 Grade 5/6 Track & Field Event
10 Grade 4 Track & Field Event
10 Hot Lunch
15 Sports Day
16 Div. 1-10 attending Fiddler on the Roof
17 Non-Instructional Day- No school for students
20 Victoria Day- School closed
21 Spirit Day: Decades Day
22 Alternate Sports Day
24 Welcome to Kindergarten (9-11)
10 Hot Lunch
3 Student of the Month Assembly
7 Hot Lunch
14 Spirit Day: Tacky Tourist Day
21 Hot Lunch
24 Grade 6 Dinner
26 Spirit Reward
27 Last day for students
28 Administrative Day- No school for students