June 26, 2020
Dear Windebank Families,
We made it!
Despite the unusual end to the year, we want to thank you for a great (and memorable) 2019/2020 school year. Before we get into our last few informational items, this being my last "Next Week at Windebank," I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation for the kind words that have been passed my way over the last few weeks. I feel very fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to be the Principal of Windebank and have had a wonderful experience here. I have learned a great deal in these last few years and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of our students and families. There are so many great things going on here, and it's hard to know that I will now have to watch them from a distance (although a short one :)
I also want to send a huge thank-you to the PAC and parent volunteers for their support this year, especially this last month as we worked to have Incoming K and Grade 6 Year-End events this month. It was wonderful to see the excitement in our incoming "littles" and our "outgoing bigs." Thank-you for all you do! Likewise, a shout out to the fantastic Windebank staff that have worked so hard to provide accessible learning opportunities and strengthen student connections as we've navigated these unprecedented times. We truly have a great team here at Windebank. And finally, to our wonderful students, a final great big thank-you. Our little Warriors have been so open, caring, and resilient as they've worked through remote learning and return to school. I'm so glad we got to spend a little time together before leaving, and the "reunion reactions" and enthusiasm have been contagious. Thank-you for all of your hard work!
Wishing you all the very best.
Oh, and have a wonderful summer break 😊
- If your child happened to be away and hasn't gotten their report card, the school office will be open Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday next week from 9 am- 2 pm by appointment. Please call 604-826-2213
- For your reference, 2020/2021 school supply lists will be posted to the school website by July 4th
- Moving over the summer? – Please let the office know if you will be moving over the summer and not returning to Windebank. We are looking at next year's numbers and this information would be helpful for planning purposes.
- We anticipate being in the building after the break in late August/early September. But keep an eye out for update emails as definitive information on what September start-up looks like becomes available. The district website (https://www.mpsd.ca/Pages/default.aspx#/=) will have the most current information over the summer.
- Grade 6 families and families who are moving to new schools, your email addresses will be removed from the school email list at the end of August.