Dear Windebank Families,
Here are a few informational items about upcoming events and activities at the school. Parent Advocacy Workshop.pdf
Have a wonderful weekend : )
- School Catchment Boundary- The School Board has requested a full review of all school catchment boundaries. Before determining any details for boundary changes, the School District is interested in getting feedback through a Boundary Catchment Survey. Responses will provide information that will guide the development of options for consideration by the Board of Education. Please complete both surveys.
District catchment survey:
Windebank catchment survey:
- Health & Safety- As of Monday, February 24, 2020, every MPSD site will have a Visitor sign-in/sign-out log in the Office, as per district OHS policy. Please be sure to sign-in and out and collect your "Visitor" lanyard if you'll be onsite with us. This is a safety procedure to help us account for all persons on site in case of an emergency. If you are onsite without a visible "Visitor" lanyard, staff will check in with you to direct you to the Office so we can adjust quickly to the routine.
From the Office
- Kindergarten registration- Kindergarten registration will now be ongoing. Please see the attached registration package (paper forms will also be available in the office) Registration Package.pdf and registration requirements. Kindergarten Registration Procedures.pdf Information can be found on the school and district websites as well.
- Grade 6 Middle School Catchment Letters – Letters have been sent home. If you are wanting your child to attend a middle school other than their catchment middle school (listed in your letter) please come into the office to get a cross boundary application before March 31, 2020.
- Current Kindergarten – Grade 5 Cross Boundary Renewal Letters – Letters have been sent home. Please return the form to the office before March 31, 2020. If you need another copy, please see Ms. Stefanek in the office.
From the PAC
- Hot Lunch- Our next hot lunch will be on Friday, March 6th. Orders can be placed until the Wednesday prior. All ordering is online at https://order.lunchlady.ca/Home.aspx
- Volunteers Needed! - We have many upcoming events and are always in need of volunteers! Please email the PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- PAC Facebook Page- Our page has changed! You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WindebankElemPAC/
- Upcoming Events & Fundraisers:
- Dominoes cards- Great little card with 10 freebie vouchers- $10 each. Order forms will come home with student soon!
Week at a Glance
- School Spirit! - Wear House Team colours
- Kindergarten Vision/Hearing Screening
- Grade 4/5 Volleyball- at lunch
- Intermediate Intramurals- at lunch
- Division 7 & 12 skating 9-10 am
- Grade 4/5 Volleyball- at lunch
- Gr. 6 Volleyball games after school- 2:30-4:30ish
Upcoming Dates of Interest
2 Student of the Month Assembly - 8:45 am
2-6 Dr. Seuss Week
5 Division 1 & 5 skating 1-2 pm
6 Division 6 & 7 skating 10-11 am
6 Hot Lunch
9 Class Photo Day
9 Passion Projects
9 Report Cards go out
11 Parent-Teacher Interviews
13 Day in Lieu- School closed
16-27 Spring Break
30 School reopens
6 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
9 Spirit Day: Rainbow Day!
10 Good Friday- School closed
13 Easter Monday- School closed
17 Hot Lunch
20-24 Earth Week
28 Spirit Day: Superhero Day!
4 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
4 Spirit Day: May the 4th!
7 Grade 5/6 Track & Field
8 Grade 4 Track & Field
8 Hot Lunch
13 Sports Day
15 Lieu Day- School closed
18 Victoria Day- School closed
19 Grade 6 vaccinations
20 Alternate Sports Day
29 Genius Fair
29 Hot Lunch
1 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
5 Spirit Day: Disney Day!
8 Welcome to Kindergarten (Orientation Day) - 8:45-10:15 am
12 Hot Lunch
22 Grade 6 Dinner
25 Last Day of School