Dear Windebank Families,
Here are a few informational items and dates for upcoming events and activities at the school. Please be sure to check any attachments for additional info.
Have a wonderful weekend : )
- Christmas Crafts n' More Fair- The PAC's annual Christmas Craft Fair is tomorrow, November 9th from 10:00-3:00 in the Gym. Be sure to come check it out!
- Spirit Squad- Friday, November 15th will be Moustache Day. We will also be collecting donations for Movember (Coins for Cancer) on this day. For every dollar raised your house team will receive 2 points. Spirit Squad will come around to collect the donations on Friday November 15th.
- Food Donations- Food and toiletry donations are being collected and there is a box in the foyer for any contributions. Please check expiration dates before donation- half of what has already been donated had to be removed due to expiration.
- Christmas Store
- Donations- A box is in the foyer for any donations towards this year's Christmas Store. Items that would make a great gift for men are often in short supply, so those would be especially appreciated.
- Wrappers- We're in need of wrapping elves on the day from 8:00 am-3:00 pm. If you're interested in helping, please email email@example.com
From the Office
- Grade 6 Hoodie Orders – Hoodies can be ordered online until November 9th (sorry no extensions – orders go in next week). If you have any questions about the size your child tried on, please contact their teacher. Please only purchase 1 option (zippered or pull over).
- Purdy's fundraiser – Orders are due on November 18th. Here is the online ordering link https://fundraising.purdys.com/526045-68155
- Outstanding Student Fees – Notices went home recently on bright yellow paper for any student with outstanding fees. Please be advised that field trip fees are due prior to the field trip, unless prior arrangements have been made with the classroom teacher or the office. We will advise in the weekly email when they are sent.
- Scent Aware School- We are a scent aware school and have many students and staff with significant allergies to perfumes/ colognes/ sprays/ etc. Please be mindful to restrict usage of scented products when you plan to be in the school. Students are also advised to refrain from using these products when they will be at school.
- Late Arrivals / Leaving Early - If your child arrives after 8:30 am, please enter through the front door (not classroom door) & get a late slip. If you are picking your child up early, please sign out at the office before leaving.
- Absences – If your child is going to be away please contact the office at 604-826-2213 to advise.
From the PAC
- PAC Meeting- Our next meeting is Tuesday, December 10th 6:00-7:00 in the Library
- Hot Lunch- Our next hot lunch will be on Friday, November 15th. Orders can be placed until the Wednesday prior. All ordering is online at https://order.lunchlady.ca/Home.aspx
- Volunteers Needed! - We have many upcoming events and are always in need of volunteers. ! Please email the PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- PAC Facebook Page- Our page has changed! You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WindebankElemPAC/
- Upcoming Events & Fundraisers:
- Fall Auction-It is time for our Fall auction! If you are interested in donating, please let us know.
- Poinsettias- Order forms went home earlier this week.
Week at a Glance
Monday – November 11
Tuesday – November 12
- Grade 4/5 Basketball at Lunch
Wednesday – November 13
Thursday – November 14
- Grade 4/5 Basketball at Lunch
- Grade 6 Basketball Game- 3:00-4:30ish (in our Gym)
Friday – November 15
- Grade 6 Basketball practice- 7:30-8:30 am
- Hot Lunch
- Spirit Day- Moustache Day!
Upcoming Dates of Interest
20 Crime Not to Read- 1-2 pm (Music Room)
22 Early Dismissal (11 am) for students
29 Hot Lunch
2 Student of the Month Assembly 8:30am
2 Fall Progress Reports go home
4 Parent-Teacher Meetings
4 Purdy's Order pickup (2:30-5:00 pm)
4 Candygrams go on sale (until Dec. 11th)
6 Lieu Day- School closed
9 DPAC Meeting 7-9 pm
10 PAC Meeting- 6:00-7:00 (Library)
13 Spirit Day- Wacky, Tacky Christmas!
13 Hot Lunch
16 Candygrams delivered
19 Christmas Concert- Times TBA (morning show & afternoon show)
20 Last day before Winter break