Dear Windebank Families,
Here are a few informational items about upcoming events and activities at the school.
A reminder that school is closed tomorrow.
Have a wonderful Spring Break : )
- Report Card Envelopes- All paperwork from the Report Card envelopes is yours to keep, but please send the envelopes back for reuse at your earliest convenience.
- COVID 19- Please see the attached letter regarding Spring Break travel and COVID-19 updates from the School District Staff and Parents COVID Spring Break 2020.pdf
- PAC Purdy's Fundraiser- Just a note that the order deadline has been extended to March 31st for online order/payment.
- School Spirit- Congratulations to the Yellow Team on their Term Victory! The deciding factor was House Team colour points on Mondays.
From the Office
- Student Absences – If your child is away sick please advise the office. If they have anything that would require a letter home to classmates (pink eye, lice, hand, foot & mouth, etc.) please make sure that information is communicated to the office.
Field Trips/Planners – Just a reminder as field trips are coming up that the school is no longer accepting cash/cheque payment for field trips/planners. If you have any questions, please contact the office
- Health & Safety- As of Monday, February 24, 2020, every MPSD site will have a Visitor sign-in/sign-out log in the Office, as per district OHS policy. Please be sure to sign-in and out and collect your "Visitor" lanyard if you'll be onsite with us. This is a safety procedure to help us account for all persons on site in case of an emergency. If you are onsite without a visible "Visitor" lanyard, staff will check in with you to direct you to the Office so we can adjust quickly to the routine.
School Catchment Boundary- The School Board has requested a full review of all school catchment boundaries. Before determining any details for boundary changes, the School District is interested in getting feedback through a Boundary Catchment Survey. Responses will provide information that will guide the development of options for consideration by the Board of Education. Please complete both surveys. The survey closes March 20th
District catchment survey:
Windebank catchment survey:
From the PAC
- PAC Meeting- Our next PAC meeting is Tuesday, April 14th at 6:00 in the Library.
- Hot Lunch- Our next hot lunch will be on Friday, April 17th . Orders can be placed until the Wednesday prior. All ordering is online at https://order.lunchlady.ca/Home.aspx
- Volunteers Needed! - We have many upcoming events and are always in need of volunteers! Please email the PAC at email@example.com for more information.
- PAC Facebook Page- Our page has changed! You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WindebankElemPAC/
- Upcoming Events & Fundraisers:
- Purdy's- Orders can be placed until Thursday, March 31st
- Earth Week Reusable bags- Early April
- Mother's Day Epicure- Late April
- Dominoes Card- Mid- May
- Father's Day Coffee- Early June
Week at a Glance
Monday, March 30th
- School Spirit- Wear House Team colours (triple points!)
Tuesday, March 31st
Wednesday, April 1st
- Grade 6 parent meeting- 2:45 pm in Mr. Huffman's Classroom
Thursday, April 2nd
Friday, April 3rd
Upcoming Dates of Interest
6 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
7 Purdy's pickup
8 Div. 8 & 9 Fieldtrip
9 Spirit Day: Rainbow Day!
10 Good Friday- School closed
13 Easter Monday- School closed
17 Hot Lunch
20-24 Earth Week
28 Spirit Day: Superhero Day!
28 Div. 12, 13 & 14 Fieldtrip
4 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
4 Spirit Day: May the 4th!
7 Grade 5/6 Track & Field
8 Grade 4 Track & Field
8 Hot Lunch
13 Sports Day
14 Div. 2 & 3 Grade 5 Fieldtrip
15 Lieu Day- School closed
18 Victoria Day- School closed
19 Grade 6 vaccinations
20 Alternate Sports Day
21 School fieldtrip (play at HPMS)
29 Genius Fair
29 Hot Lunch
1 Student of the Month Assembly- 8:45 am
3 Div. 5 & 6 Fieldtrip
5 Spirit Day: Disney Day!
8 Welcome to Kindergarten (Orientation Day) - 8:45-10:15 am
11 Div. 4 & 7 Fieldtrip
12 Hot Lunch
12 Div. 1-3 Grade 6 Fieldtrip
22 Grade 6 Dinner
25 Last Day of School